Malaysia is a fascinating and beautiful country split over multiple islands, one of which, Penang, we will be focusing on today. It has long been a popular destination as people from Australia (a relatively short plane ride away) and further afield head to the island. Whether you head to a chain hotel or for an authentic homestay in penang, there is so much to see and do.
- Food – Penang has often been voted one of the best destinations in the world for food and street food, whether you have a sweet tooth and opt for the exotic fruits or you love curries and opt for the indian and asian fusion that is on offer, your taste buds will thank you!
- Wildlife – you can head to the famous monkey beach and other sanctuaries or just enjoy the huge amount of wildlife around.
- Beaches – Penang’s beaches are some of the most beautiful Asia has to offer, and there is a huge amount of coastline to explore, whether you want to go to an isolated and quiet beach or a busy bustling spot for water sports.
- Weather – Malaysia is hot. There is a hurricane season but that is inevitable in such a tropical climate. If you want hot weather then somewhere like Penang is perfect.
- Shopping – the night markets are amazing with locals selling their goods, and there are also lots of malls and world renowned brands and stores.
Malaysian accommodation is generally to a good standard and a lot of the homestays can be both affordable and provide a good base for your break in this beautiful island.